Surgery staff, medical devices providers and research labs need to track the workflow of the surgical procedures for practice improvement, training, QC, or research. Paper-free documentation is an increasing requirement. But digital information should be easy to capture, store, edit, process and share.
The b<>com *Surgery Workflow Toolbox* [annotate] makes it possible to create surgical process models by annotating surgical videos and signals (vital signs, robotics).
- Quickly create, edit and share the surgery workflow elements on a video or signals timeline.
- Compare sets of surgical procedure recordings thanks to the data analytics module.
- Improve and share with surgical communities the way to perform a surgery procedure
- Empower the surgical team (e.g. reducing adverse events)
- Optimize surgical processes thanks to analytics results
- Create reference bases for the automatic recognition of videos (machine / deep learning results).
How it works
- Select workflow elements: human participants with body parts, phases, steps, actions, status, instruments, etc.
- Specify the durations of actions
Surgery procedure vocabulary:
- Define and select phases and steps names
- Define and select terms to use (ex: effector, verb, instrument)
- Visualize whole surgery procedure phases and steps
- Visualize vital signs/robotics signals synchronized with video and/or signals
- Cross-data analytics: resources & timing, box plot
- Data extraction: time (h, mn), day, month, year, participants role, instrument, body part, action, phase, step
For more information, please fill out the following form: