Respect for privacy
b<>com is committed to the respect of privacy and rights of the individuals whose data are processed. We collect only the strictly necessary personal data (principle of data minimization). You can visit this site without revealing your identity.
Bertrand Guilbaud, representing Scientific Cooperation Foundation b<>com.
Subject matter of processing (purpose and lawfulness)
The website "b-com.com" processes your personal data for the following purposes:
- To respond to requests received through the contact forms;
- To send our newsletter and to follow its results;
- To process applications for our job offers;
- To carry out commercial prospecting for professionals who have submitted a contact form;
- To expand our press contact directory for journalists.
The legal basis for this processing is your consent, except for the following two processing operations whose legal basis is the legitimate interest of b<>com:
- Commercial prospecting: Commercial prospecting is addressed by email only to professionals who have not objected to it, to offer them products and services related to their activity, in accordance with French and European law (article L34-5 of the French Postal and Electronic Communications Code). It allows b<>com to develop its commercial activities.
- Press contact directory for journalists: The addition of an internet user to our directory is only possible if this user is a professional journalist who has submitted a press contact form on our site. The purpose of this addition is to allow the journalist to receive news about b<>com regularly by email, in accordance with the usual practices of the profession.
You may withdraw your consent or object to this processing at any time by using the unsubscribe button in each of our communications or by contacting b<>com using the contact details set out in the "Exercising your rights" paragraph below.
- For the forms: Name, first name, e-mail address, telephone number, company, your message for b<>com. Mandatory data for each form are marked with an asterisk and are necessary to enable us to process your request.
- For the newsletter: e-mail address.
- For recruitments: Last name, first name, email address, phone number, CV and cover letter.
By the US company Mailchimp, as a subcontractor of b<>com:
- For the newsletter: IP address, browser, machine and operating system, interaction with newsletter emails.
The data collected will only be communicated to b<>com’s authorized staff.
For the following two exceptions, the data is also communicated to a subcontractor of b<>com:
- For newsletter subscribers, the data (email address) will also be transferred to the US company Mailchimp.
The transfer of personal data to the American servers of Mailchimp has suitable safeguards in conformity with applicable legislation (and data processing agreement). Mailchimp gathers information on newsletter subscribers with its own tracking technologies and cookies – such as IP address, browser, machine and operating system, interaction with newsletter e-mails – in order to inform b<>com on the newsletter’s success. Mailchimp also uses this data for its own legitimate business interests such as improving its products and services. Mailchimp may transfer your data to its own subcontractors in the course of the provision of its services.
Further information on Mailchimp’s processing of personal data is available here: https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/, https://mailchimp.com/legal/cookies/.
- For journalists using the press contact form, the data (surname, first name, email address) will also be transferred to b<>com's press agency to be added to b<>com's press contact database.
This database is used by b<>com to send press communications relating to b<>com to journalists registered in the database.
The current press agency of b<>com is the French company Agence Géraldine Musnier
Data is stored by b<>com for the following periods:
- For forms, newsletter and commercial prospecting, 3 years maximum after the last contact with the person.
- For recruitment, a maximum of 2 years after the last contact with the person;
- For the press contact database, a maximum of 5 years after the last contact with the journalist.
Exercising your rights:
You can access your data, rectify it, request its deletion or exercise your right to limit the processing of your data. You may withdraw your consent to the processing of your data at any time. You may also object to the processing of your data. You can also exercise your right to the portability of your data. As to commercial prospecting, you may also, at any time, oppose and withdraw your consent to the sending of emails by b<>com, by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the end of each email.
You can consult the CNIL’s website (Commission Nationale de L'Informatique et des Libertés, the French data protection commission) for more information on your rights: https://www.cnil.fr/les-droits-pour-maitriser-vos-donnees-personnelles.
To exercise these rights or for any questions about the processing of your data, you can contact b<>com:
- By e-mail at personal-data[at]b-com.com;
- or at : Human Resources • Fondation de Coopération Scientifique b<>com ZAC DES CHAMPS BLANCS • 1219, AVENUE CHAMPS BLANCS 35510 CESSON-SÉVIGNÉ (FR)
If you feel, after contacting b<>com, that your rights with regard to data processing and liberties are not being respected or that this website doesn’t comply with data protection rules, or if you have not received a response to the exercise of one of your rights within 30 days, you may submit a complaint to a data protection supervisory authority such as the CNIL.
b<>com implements appropriate security measures to protect your personal data against damage, loss, misappropriation, intrusion, disclosure, alteration or destruction. b<>com's computer systems are subject to physical and software protection that is at least state of the art. The staff of b<>com who, by virtue of their position, have access to your personal data, undertake to maintain the utmost confidentiality in this respect.
The "b-com.com" website uses the IP addresses of visitors anonymously to record access and to derive statistical data. Identification would only be sought in the case of attempted fraudulent access to our facilities.