- Rennes, Lannion, Brest, Paris
LTE/5G Private Networks Sales Manager (M/F)
b<>com is a private French innovation center that pioneers, designs and delivers technologies to companies that want to digitally boost their competitiveness. Its technologies are developed to address digital infrastructure, the cultural and creative industries, health, defence, and industry 4.0. Its experts come up with solutions in areas like 5G networks and beyond, image and audio processing, artificial intelligence, cybersecurity, cognitive science and mixed realities. Thanks to its world-class engineering team and its unique mix of scientific and industrial know-how, b<>com offers its clients technology innovations that make the difference.
Future generations of digital infrastructure, 5G and beyond, allow for new areas of application through the use of more agile, more open technologies, enabling bandwidth improvements, sharp reductions in lag, a variety of connectable objects, and greater energy efficiency. They will also change the way people work by becoming accessible to the IT teams of companies and institutions, which will be able to select, deploy, and operate them on their private networks. This is the purpose of the b<>com *xG* initiative, a sovereign technology strategy for private digital infrastructure, 5G and beyond.
b<>com *xG* aims to address the operational needs of companies and operators of vital infrastructure, in terms of the control and security of their data flows, network customization, and improved coverage and availability. With its outstanding expertise and support from national and local governments, b<>com *xG* combines the operational benefits of cost, cybersecurity, thriftiness, ease of deployment, neutrality, and sovereignty.
Under the authority of the Sales & Marketing Director, the LTE/5G Private Networks Sales Manager – Public Safety and Defense
- Develops, manages, and maintains a portfolio of clients and prospects for ingredients and solutions related to b<>com’s 4G/5G core network for the defense and public safety market segment :
- Relies on their knowledge of the market for LTE and 5G private networks as applied to public safety and defense
- Identifies new business opportunities
- Identifies relevant RFPs/RFQs and coordinates response to them
- Drafts, submits, and negotiates business proposals, contributes to the corresponding technical proposals, enters into sales contracts
- Achieves the sales goals set by the Sales & Marketing Department
- Helps define business models and develops sales and profit margins in the LTE/5G Private Networks market segment
- Creates regular activity reports and reliable sales forecasts
- Contributes to business intelligence, strategic monitoring, and prospecting activities in b<>com’s areas of interest (cultural and creative industries, digital infrastructure, defense, industry 4.0, and health care)
- Works directly with their colleagues in other areas of strategic activity and with the other departments to coordinate pre-sales, professional support, and post-sales actions.
Who we're looking for
The candidate must have a university degree and 7 to 12 years’ experience, all or some of it at a network equipment provider (NEP), independent software vendor (ISV) or telecom integrator in managing tier 1 and 2 operator accounts and private network operators, ideally for the defense and security market segment :
- Proficient in the ecosystem of private networks for defense and safety, and has already helped build a consortium to address complex Requests for Proposals
- Has very good knowledge of the telecommunications industry, particularly in BtoB environments, where they created a broad professional network
- Has good technical knowledge in the fields of Telco Cloud, NFVi, and MEC and the underlying technologies
- Is familiar with government procurement mechanisms
- Fluent in English at a minimum and knows how to use common "social selling” tools
- Results-oriented, persuasive and perceptive, knows how to fight to achieve goals and has excellent relationship skills
- Has solid negotiating skills
- Duration: Open-ended
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Location: Rennes, Paris or Lannion