Image sharing, at the heart of the clinical path, is rapidly increasing across hospital departments, clinics and practices with needs for remote access anywhere.
The b<>com [Rest DICOM Library] is a software stack designed for Medical Imaging web uploads in accordance with the DICOMweb™ standard (STOW, WADO, QIDO).
It helps strengthen collaboration between physicians, medical imaging application providers and researchers. Physicians can obtain tele-expertise from experts. Medical Imaging application providers can get easily exams to provide personalized solutions. Research organizations can obtain de-identified studies for clinical trials.
- File selection with drag & drop
- Automatic parsing for grouping by study
- On-the-fly compression, JPEG-LS
- Automatic resume upload useful for large studies
- De-identification and re-identification with asymmetric key encryption
- Easy to deploy: Only one DICOM proxy to install on the server side; Zero footprint on client side
- Conform to standards: DICOM and http(s) standards
- Ready for integration: Testing results, implementation examples including GUI, documentation and support are included in the package
- Interoperability with any DICOM servers
A website to test the software stack's performances is available, click here.
Case study Translational Research in Medical Imaging
This case study describes the implementation of a secure transfer of de-identified medical imaging studies for smart processing in the cloud and the ability for the clinician to retrieve the computed studies with re-identification. The studies are processed by an algorithm in an external cloud based center (here, a research center); the processed studies and the initial studies are reconciled through an enhanced pseudonymisation mechanism based on the best practice as recommended by the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation). The solution thereby enables a clinician to receive results processed by an external center while keeping the patient’s privacy. The case study is available under request.
For more information, please fill out the following form: