- 4 Wearables That Give You Superpowers by Mark Wilson on September 30, 2014 - Fastcodesign
Super strength, super hearing, super artistry, super expression. The future of wearables is really a quest for human enhancement.
- Can images prompt us to be impulsive? by David Scott on October 2, 2014 - Futurity
Scientists say they can use brain waves to predict snap judgments people make about an image—even when people are not conscious of making such judgments.
- 4 Radical Ideas for Reinventing College, Drawn From Stanford Research by Margaret Rhodes on October 2, 2014 - Wired
Technology and data are reshaping every aspect of our jobs, at an astonishing speed. Yet our higher education system still clings to a format created about 800 years ago: a teacher, in front of a classroom full of students, giving a lecture.
- Confessional in the Palm of Your Hand by Rachel Metz on October 1, 2014 - MIT Technology Review
Sure, people say some nasty things in anonymous apps, but the good far outweighs the bad.
- Facebook Will Stop Playing With Your Emotions (Sort Of) by Kurt Wagner on October 2, 2014 - Recode
Facebook is always testing something in its attempt to improve the service, and Thursday’s update confirms the company will continue doing research.