The day was marked by sessions based around the following topics:
- Local governments support IRTs
- IRTs strengthen the competitiveness of economic sectors: Aerospace as an example
- IRTs accelerate innovation through transfers to industry
- IRTs contribute to scientific excellence: Their talented doctoral students
- IRTs forge partnerships worldwide
In his presentation on international partnerships, Ludovic Noblet, the Director of Hypermedia at b<>com, covered our work with Fraunhofer HHI. The event was also a chance for b<>com to look back at the launch of the first company spin off from an IRT, Green Hill Studios, and to highlight its international strategy for technological sovereignty.
This year, the IRTs have chosen to promote their cooperation in six key subjects: Composites, Additive Manufacturing, Artificial Intelligence, Cybersecurity, 5G/IoT, and Health Care. A leader in the 5G/IoT field, b<>com presented also its technologies in the Cybersecurity, Health Care, and Artificial Intelligence villages.
Speaking of AI, the forum was also a chance for the eight IRTs to officially launch their collective initiative “Engage AI” aimed at accelerating the development of such technologies in industrial products and services. In this field, b<>com presented its solution, the b<>com *Smart AR Toolbox* [Instant Learning], which combines Augmented Reality and Artificial Intelligence.