A propos de b<>com
A technology pioneer and provider for companies that want to digitally boost their competitive edge, b<>com addresses several industries: culture & creation, digital infrastructures, health, defence and industry 4.0. Its laboratories bring together talented people from a variety of disciplines and cultures in areas like artificial intelligence, immersive video and audio, content protection, 5G networks, the Internet of Things, and cognitive technologies.
b<>com's researchers and engineers, drawn from the ranks of industry and academia, work at its Rennes campus and at its sites in Paris, Brest, and Lannion.
Thanks to its world-class engineering team, its technology platforms and its unique mix of scientific and industrial knowhow, b<>com offers its clients technology solutions that give them invaluable competitive edge.
Through its expertise in computer vision, pose estimation and 3D visualization, the Immersive & Medical Technologies laboratory develops components and platforms to improve the experience of professionals and strengthen their efficiency, particularly thanks to augmented reality and virtual reality, in fields such as industry and health. The user is at the center of its reflection and work, from the definition of needs to the confrontation with the use of the developed technologies. In the field of health, the laboratory works with its medical partners on key technologies such as medical image and video processing, connectivity or interoperability. In the field of Industry 4.0, the laboratory collaborates with major European players in order to address the scale-up of robust and accurate augmented reality services. This is the purpose of the SolAR augmented reality framework, an open source initiative led by b<>com and used by several European projects.
Under the supervision of the Immersive & Medical Technologies laboratory and activity managers, the computer vision engineer will be assigned the following tasks:
- Contribute in the design of an augmented reality platform moved into the cloud which will be based on the SolAR Framework,
- Ensure the technical lead of the augmented reality platform while guaranteeing the consistency of its evolutions,
- Integrate innovative components and new functionalities developed by b<>com itself or in collaboration with its industrial and academic partners,
- Implement automatic unit and functional tests, manage the continuous integration and deployment of developments, and maintain up-to-date documentation of the platform and computer vision components,
- Contribute in the development of innovative components and pipelines (e.g. relocation, multi-agent SLAM, 3D mapping, or scene understanding) potentially transferable to industry, with a concern for performance and respecting the requirements of the targeted use cases,
- Contribute to the life of the laboratory and the IRT, by carrying out technology watch and providing expertise on projects.
Who we’re looking for
Level BSc+5 Engineer or Master having acquired from 5 to 10 years of experience with:
- A very good knowledge of object-oriented design, software development and optimization techniques in C++,
- A good knowledge of computer vision techniques and processing pipelines, especially in the field of augmented reality,
- A good knowledge of continuous integration (Jenkins), development cycles and deployment on the cloud (Docker, Kubernetes),
- A fluency in English,
- A great rigour on the technical and documentary aspects,
- A passion for technology and innovation.
Knowledge of SLAM algorithm implementation and machine learning approaches would be a real asset.
- Type of Contract: permanent
- Start date: as soon as possible
- Place of work: Rennes
Application (covering letter and CV) to be sent to: email@example.com